Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hot Times in Southern GA

This weekend I set out to race on my bike. This particular race was part of the SERC series, and it was at a park near Jackson GA called Dauset trails. This place and I have a love hate relationship, well, mostly hate to be honest. These trails are fun to tule around on, but once you go to race on this stuff, it becomes VERY challenging. All the roots just take it out of me so quickly. As usual, there was a field of crazy strong ladies, and I managed to finish the race. : )

So, probably one of the coolest parts of this race was the drive down. My bf Sean got a sprinter van last week. It is THE COOLEST. It is the ultimate race traveling machine. We will be taking a trip across the country to see what there is to see and do a bunch of races all around. I can't wait for this trip to start. I just have to get through my month of summer school learning about biology. LAME.

Today, I am about to head out to do a fun ride in Townsend Tennessee. This ride is a favorite of a lot of people in Knoxville. It cuts through the Cades Cove loop and has multiple VERY challenging gravel road climbs. So, I guess I need to go get my things together for that. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment