Tuesday, May 15, 2012

On a Mission

Wellllll. Hello there. While I haven't been to any races the past weekend, I have had so many amazing experiences that are just waiting to be shared.....not really. haha. But, you obviously want to know, so I'll fill you in.

Well. I finally got done with school and ended up with one A and a whole slew of B's. I would say that I definitely put in a solid B effort in all of those classes where I got a B. Well deserved. So, It's great to be done with that. However, my summer only lasts for two weeks. On May 29 I get to go take a biology class at a community college here in Knoxville. So, for the next two weeks I have made it my personal goal to take as many naps as possible and basically be as worthless as possible and of course do some bike riding.

Last weekend was a fun one becuase a few of my friends graduated from college! Yaaay for them. I am so jealous. I am a mere freshman, and I can hardly even believe that I will ever be done with the drudgeries of school. So, there was much celebration and happiness and TONS of food everywhere I turned.

After the weekend of food and fun ended I realized that it was monday. Hmmmmm. I'm sure that I slept in late and then probably took a nap at least once. I've decided that a day without a nap is basically a lost cause. Also on monday I made some banana bread. However, I forgot to put in the baking powder, so it is very dense. WOOPS. Today has played out in a similar manner. I was napping before 12! Now that is a sign of a quality day. My agenda for the day included meeting my dad for lunch and....well, that was it until an evening group ride.

While I was down town I spotted a bike that I really like at a pawn shop. It is most definitely stolen from some poor hipster in another city. I'm not sure if the price was right, so I'm gonna sleep on it.

I went on the weekly group road ride that I have been attending this evening. We rode 40 miles or something. We probably averaged a good 65 mph.....EASILY. hehe. I have enjoyed doing group road rides. They are new to me, and very different from mountian biking. The pace line is fun, and it makes me feel like an awesome road racer. I think these rides are making me stronger for my races too.
So, there you have it. A peep into the life of a 19 year old who is whole heartedly on a mission to do some hard core relaxing and sleeping until biology fest begins on May 29th.

No comments:

Post a Comment